- Deforestation due almost exclusively to shifting cultivation, intensified by rapid population growth
- Pilot region for Mozambique’s Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF) Carbon Fund Emission Reduction (ER) program (Zambézia Integrated Landscape Management Program, ZILMP; covers 9 of 16 districts)
- ZILMP developed as an expansion of Gilé REDD+ pilot project
- Programs link local communities (LC) & smallholders to combine livelihood improvement with natural resource preservation
- Inclusive multi-stakeholder landscape forum
Authors: Simonet, G.; David, O.
Subjects: deforestation, livelihoods, food security, sustainable development, policy, climate change
Publication type: Brief