- UNFSS Pre-Summit Affiliated Session – Strengthening food systems transformation through agroecology
UNFSS Pre-Summit Affiliated Session – Strengthening food systems transformation through agroecology
27 Jul 2021 19:30-20:20 CEST / 13:30-14:20 EDT
Join us in this interactive session to call for food systems transformation through agroecology!
What?: Strengthening food systems transformation through #agroecologyworks – Affiliated Session of the UNFSS Pre-Summit
When?: Tuesday, 27 July 2021, 19:30-20:20 CEST / 13:30-14:20 EDT
Why should you join this event?
- Learn from dedicated farmers, governmental representatives and financial supporters how agroecology works for them in practice and how they overcame obstacles and limitations for its implementation and upscaling.
- Share your support to agroecological approaches as a key concept for food systems transformation, get to know and join various agroecological initiatives, and invite others to act.
The event aims to further strengthen the vibrant multi-stakeholder coalitions to transform food systems based on agroecological principles.
- Urs Niggli , Member of the UNFSS Scientific Group and the Swiss National FAO Committee (tbc)
- Estrella Penunia , Secretary General, Asian Farmers Association (tbc)
- Alwin Kopse , Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture
- Roberto Azofeifa , Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock of Costa Rica
- Lauren Baker , Senior Director, Global Alliance for the Future of Food
- Fergus Sinclair, Chief Scientist CIFOR ICRAF and co convenor Transformative Partnership Platform on Agroecology
- Moderation: Louise Luttikholt, Executive Director, IFOAM Organics International.
Duration: 50 minutes
Simultaneous translation in French, Spanish and English will be available.