- CFS 46 – Side Event 13 – Agroforestry, an agro-ecological pathway for SDG2
CFS 46 – Side Event 13 – Agroforestry, an agro-ecological pathway for SDG2
This event is part of the 46th sessions of the Committee on World Food Security, CFS 46.
Simultaneous interpretation available (EN, FR, SP).
The High Level Panel of Experts (HLPE) report on Agroecological and other innovative approaches for sustainable agriculture and food systems that enhance food security and nutrition has shown that agriculture and agricultural research must evolve towards systemic approaches embracing economic, social and environmental objectives.
Agroforestry is one of these approaches delivering benefits at local and global level, offering a range of exemplary systems by which agriculture can concretely show its contribution to SDG2 on food security, nutrition and sustainable agriculture, as well as to a range of other objectives.
This event will gather a multi-stakeholder panel to discuss, in the perspective of the HLPE report and the recommendations of the Committee on World Food Security (CFS), the opportunities, but also challenges, to scale-up agroforestry. The objective will be to share experiences and lessons learned among a diverse set of panelists and with the audience on options and solutions in terms of technical, institutional, and policy support to the development of agroforestry, from the perspective of the realization of the SDGs.
Introduction: Vincent Gitz, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA)
- Per Callenberg, State Secretary for the Minister of Rural Affairs, Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation, Sweden
- Fergus Sinclair, HLPE, FTA, ICRAF
- Esther Penunia, Secretary General of AFA (Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development), Philippines and Civil Society Mechanism of the CFS
- Nur Amalia, National Social Forestry Working Group, Ministry of Environment and Forestry of the Republic of Indonesia
- Ewald Rametsteiner, Deputy Director, Forestry Department, FAO
- Caroline Musee, Vi-agroforestry
Moderator: Maria Schultz, Agroforestry Network, Vi-agroforestry